Grandmothers and mothers of the children are empowered with vocational skills aimed at enhancing sustainable livelihoods of inmates’ families. They are trained in business skills and financial literacy.
Rod Not Fish Project
If you give a man a fish, you feed him for a day. But if you give him a fishing rod, you feed him for a lifetime .
Rod not Fish is Wells of Hope’s sustainability initiatives, which are vital for continuing development.
The aims and Objectives are as follows:
- To generate income to sustain Wells of Hope projects.
- To be a profitable venture that provides funds to look after the children of prisoners under Wells of Hope and even look after more children of prisoners .
- To provide training for grown up Children with imprisoned parents and their mothers or grandmothers to become self-sustaining and successful future business leaders
- Create employment opportunities for Wells of Hope grown up Children of prisoners and their mothers or grandmothers.
- To become a model that will provide training to the community thus creating transformation.